Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm still here

Sorry!  I have been so busy this past week.  Busy enough that my Christmas tree is still up.  Oh well.  I LOVE Christmas and have enjoyed it so it doesn't bother me too much.  We just celebrated Christmas w/ my Papa and his family yesterday.  Papa has Alzheimer's or some other form of dementia so I cherish the moments that we get to spend w/ him when he is lucid.  He remembers who we are, he just can't always put everything together.  Here's one of the last pic that I have of him.  I think Celia was 2 weeks old here.  We were on our way home from getting her newborn pics done.

It really puts things into perspective.  When Cecelia was born in 9/09 she had 5 living Great-Grandparents.  She only has 3 now.  It makes me so sad, but still blessed to know that even though she won't have the memories of them, she has their pics.  Here are a few more of John's paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother who have passed away since her birth.

Granddaddy died when Cecelia was 10 weeks old.  He lived until the three Great-Grandchildren he knew were on the way were here.  He got to spend 8 weeks cherishing them and we got to spend that time cherishing the time watching them bond.


Grandma lived until December 2010.  Her health had been declining for a while, but she came out of her room and came alive when the great-grandbabies came over.  It was fun watching her make the effort to play and sing to Cecelia.  Celia loves to play Granny's piano when she goes over.  I know grandma is smiling down from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment