Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's been ONE year

Today marks one year since I took my mom to the ER. That morning I wrote this post. My how I wish that I could have gone to bed that night with that being the biggest annoyance of the day. Unfortunately, my family, friends and blog readers know that wasn't the case. This was. I wish I could go back to a year ago yesterday when I thought my mom just had a headache and was suffering some memory loss due to that. I wish I could drive over there right now to see her. I wish that I could pick up the phone to hear her voice. I wish I had a voicemail from her to listen to. I wish that she was here staying with me while I recover from my hip replacement. I wish that I didn't have to watch my dad grieve because the woman who was the love of his life, whom he was married to for 45 years is gone. I wish that she had still had her mental faculties while she was sick. I wish that I didn't cry at the drop of a hat, while reading sad blogs or books where the mother character die. But, alas, that isn't the case. I don't know why this happened and no one does. I don't blame God. I don't blame anyone or anything. It just SUCKS.

1 comment:

  1. MUCH LOVE AND MANY, MANY PRAYERS! <3 it is so trying sometimes to look back on it all...it is all bittersweet - the memories we carry in our hearts. i think of you often and hope and pray that you're recovering well. (and staying very cool!) <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete