Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

October 15th is national Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. It is a day that I understand all too well. This year I was supposed to be 7 or 8 months pregnant and instead I have suffered my third pregnancy loss.

My first miscarriage was in May 2001, my second was in Sept 2011 and my third was in May 2011. I have been pregnant four times and I have only one living child. She is my heart and soul.

I have a long hx of pregnancy loss and infant deaths in my family. My mother was the only surviving child of my grandmother. She was born three months premature and survived. Can you believe that she survived 63 years ago at 25 weeks gestation. My grandmother went on to have quite a few more miscarriages and a still-born son a few years later.

My mom lost her first baby at 17 weeks. She never had another miscarriage. I honestly didn't think I would have any problems having babies. I was 23 when I lost my first and I was 33 when I lost my last. I put my faith in God that I will be able to have another baby. It isn't in my hands. I pray for all of you out there that have suffered any form of pregnancy or infant loss. I pray for all of you out there who suffer with infertility. I know that no matter what, I will be OK. It's hard to remember that at all times though

1 comment:

  1. praying for you! so sad abt the history. Im not sure if my mom had any... I dont think she did, but she very well could have.

    I have had 2, the 1st one at almost 3 months, it was before Caleb, so I was only 19 years old.

    Then the 2nd before Taite. But im not 100% sure it was a miscarriage. I was late, then weeks later had very bad cramping, like the 1st, then an extremely heavy cycle. I thinking the baby would of been 5 - 6 weeks with that one. Again not 100% sure.

    That 1st one was brutal.. we had just told Travis entire family and church... then a week later, I had to deal with people coming up to me saying "awe we are so excited for you Andrea!! when are you due again?!" - them not knowing what had happened. I remember just crying that entire day and having to walk away from people.

    I pray I never experience it again...
    but I know that is not a guarantee.
    Just praying for strength for you!

    ReplyDelete