Friday, December 9, 2011

Grateful

Years ago I told John (DH) that when we had children I wanted it to be just the two of us in the delivery room. Then we put kids off for a while after 2 miscarriage in the early years. During that time, my brother and SIL had 2 kids. My mom was in there with them during her labors.

She started talking about her being there with me then. I was still very against it until I was actually pregnant with Celia (DD). I now know that God was talking to me then. I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am that Mama was in the room when Celia was born. I just truly never imagined that it would be my only birth she was alive for.




I know I have said it so many times, but please remember to tell everyone you love how much you love then every single chance you get. Because you truly don't know if it will be the last time you get the chance. Your live can compltely turn upside down at any given second and you don't always get the chance to talk to your loved one. So I am glad that I got to tell Mama how much I loved her and to pray with her.

I truly do believe that I will see my mom one day. And that she isn't sad and grieving now for that is for all of us earthly beings to do. She is happy, healthy, waiting for us to join her. She is catching up with all of her loved ones who left too early for her.

My FIL sang a beautiful song at Mama's memorial service and I believe it is so very true. Here are the lyrics to the perfect song

'Look for Me'

When you finally make your entrance to that city
Of jasper walls and bright golden avenue;
As you behold all its beauty and its splendor,
Remember there's just one request I make of you.

Chorus
Look for me for I will be here, too
I realize when you arrive, there will be so much to view;
After you've been there ten thousand years, a million, maybe two,
Look for me for I will be there, too.

As you go down your list of firsts, there's no question,
You'll want to see our loved ones waiting there for you;
And when you feel you've shared your story with the last one
That wants you hear you tell just how you made it through,

Chorus
Looke for me and I will be there too
I realized when you arrive there will be so much to view
After you've ben there ten thousand years, a million, maybe two,
Look for me for I'll be there too

Look for me I will be there too
I will be there too


Obviously, that doesn't make us any less sad or take our grief away, but I do rejoice in that she isn't. I love and miss you every single breath!!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful lyrics, Joy. Thank you for sharing.
    I'm so happy your Mom was there with you.

    Thinking of you and wishing you more joy and less pain.
    Xoxoxo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. joy, i hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!
    i hope this last week of 2011 treats you well.
    and that 2012 blesses you greatly! <3
    thinking of you!!
    xoxoxo
    maria <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture. I'm a new follower. You can follow me back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete