Thursday, December 8, 2011

One final Thank you post

Since my willingness to post Thank you's for the Month of November shot out the window when my mom died Nov 17, I figured I would sum it up now. Today and always, I am thankful for the 34 years I had with my mom. I am also so very thankful that I have had my grandmother (Ma) in my everyday life almost my entire life. My parents have lived with Ma since I was 2, so in essence I had three parents. I thought my daughter would have a similar experience. Not that I ever intended for us to live together, but it truly just didn't enter my mind that Celia wouldn't know my mom.



So, I am going to thank God for each and every single day I still get with Ma. My heart breaks for her. I watch her struggle each and every single day over the death of her only child and it kills me. I want her to know that I will be there each and every time she needs me. All she has to do is ask. I can't imagine how she feels. Can you imagine the closeness of living together 54 out of 63 years? I certainly hope that I will know what that feels like, but never in my life would I want to have to watch my daughter die. Watching her grieve has honestly probably been harder than going through the emotions myself. My mom retired in 12/08 so they have truly been together 24/7 for three years. And now Mama is gone and both my brother and I have gone back to work. I imagine that this has been harder because it goes back to a new normal.

Not quite sure that I have made any sense here, but I am so very thankful to have Ma still in my life and I am not going to take a single second for granted. Love you Ma!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment