Monday, January 9, 2012

Hard Day

For some reason I could not get my mom out of my mind today. I don't really know what it was about today and I guess I shouldn't really expect anything to make any sense right now. My Dad picks my DD up on Mondays and Wednesdays so I went to his house to pick her up and he started asking me if I knew this woman. He told me a story of how he ran into her at Belk's or JC Penny's while Mama was sick and they stopped and talked for a while as he was telling her about everything.

And here it came.....he said, "well she called me last night, and I can't figure out why she would call." My grandmother (Mama's mother) was standing there as he was telling me, looks at me with a smirk and said, "yep, he's really that much of a stupid A$$." Cracked me up, but also makes me sad. My mom has only been dead seven weeks and already he has women hitting on him. I fully expect my dad to date in time, but really??? He just lost his wife of 45 years. FORTY FIVE people!!!! Can you give him a little more time? Is that too much to ask??????????

Here are a few pics from their 45 years:

1969 - they were 21 and had been married for 3 years - don't they look like babies???
1980
2004
2010 - At Cecelia's Christening

3 comments:

  1. I know it is painful but I think he is restarting again because he had a great 45 years with your mom, and he has a void that may need to filled to make him happy again. It doesn't mean he stopped loving her, forgot her, or let her go but it is a way to cope and live especially for his daughter and grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. joy, these photos are so amazing. seeing them through the years. i'm sure you cherish them greatly. you made me laugh with the "stupid a$$" comment :)
    before i got to that part, i was onto the lady at the department store. it's gotta be so tough. i can't say i understand, but i think you have every right to feel the way you do. and i hope that time will continue to heal all of you.
    i wanted to thank you so incredibly much for your thoughts, prayers, and love that you left on my nani's post. i'm sorry i made you cry.
    thank you for your support and understanding. you're a great friend <3
    lots of love to you
    xoxoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such precious pics.

    Stopping by from MBC to say Hi!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete