Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

2011 was without a doubt the worst year of my life. I unexpectedly got pregnant and lost it AGAIN. I had to put my 15 year old cat down and my mom was diagnosed with, fought and lost her battle with brain cancer. Had a ton of sickness myself and never did even get a chance to lose a pound.

So here goes nothing: 2012 is going to be different. I am going to get healthy. For me now, it isn't about losing weight or being skinny and hot, it is about being the healthiest me I can be. When my mom got sick and we were filling out paperwork I realized how many family members have had a battle with cancer. I know that without a shadow of a doubt, I will eventually have some sort of cancer or neurological disease and I want to be healthy enough to fight it.

I want to be a shining example for my daughter. I don't want her to always see her mom sitting on the couch. I want to be able to run outside and play with her. I want to comfortably fit into my clothes (without elastic). Ha!!! I want to not be sick all of the time.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the grocery store and we will be eating more healthy this year. We will be more active. I will try to be a better friend, better wife, better mom, better daughter/granddaughter/sister/etc this year. I will try.

So Happy New Year people. Love to all!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. joy, i love what you said about being healthy and not concentrating on losing weight. so many people say they want to lose weight. you're right...it's not about that. it's about feeling good, feeling alive and healthy. you go girl!!
    (i have to laugh, as i leave this comment, i'm totally trying to resist my third cookie in a row hahaha)
    i know this year challenged you in so many ways. i admire you so much and know that you are going to be very blessed in this fresh new year! so much love <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny, i think we totally left each other comments at the exact same time :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy still waiting to here about a playdate for our girls! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am always here for you. Send me an email or come by.

    Love,

    ThaiHoa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy,

    Thank you for a nice comment on my blog. I am so sorry you lost your Mom to cancer. Even though we knew how bad it was with my Dad nothing prepared us for 12/16/11....
    Agata

    ReplyDelete